Atheism is not a viable position: Why?
1) It is impossible to prove there is no being having the attributes of power, intellect and morality commonly attributed to the supreme being we call God.
Atheists themselves admit this. Thus having no possible proof of their position, it requires blind faith alone to sustain it. Incredible arrogance is also within them to assume there is no God.
2) It is impossible to use anything at all in the known universe as evidence of no God.
This is self-evident.
Thus atheism has no evidential foundations and cannot by any artifice of language be logical.
3) To claim there is no God requires infinite knowledge of all things, or, sufficient knowledge of the entire universe (and/or multiverse, if true) -which is impossible to obtain in one human life time- to be able to point to reasonable proof.
4) The belief that there is no God is thus based on blind faith alone since no evidence of his non-existence exists.
Yet atheists refuse to believe all evidence of any kind for his existence, therefore they live in perpetual, willful denial of 10s of 1000s of observed realities.
5) Atheism claims there are no absolutes, logical or other.
But they are absolutely sure of this, thus creating an absolute of their own and contradicting themselves henceforth at every turn - as we also see here at every post Dan submits.
Without logical absolutes, nothing can ever be proved.
But, we have proof of many things therefore logical absolutes exist.
"If nothing is self-evident, nothing can be proved. Similarly if nothing is obligatory for its own sake, nothing is obligatory at all." ~The Abolition of Man
6) Moral absolutes exist.
Values that are always true transcendent, independent of anyone's opinion and independent of time or place.
But, atheists are obliged to deny this.
Yet, in spite of this, they persist, every moment as we have already witnessed here, in assuming the existence of moral absolutes by criticizing things they believe are morally wrong.
They are, in every case, appealing to a moral law they assume exists, and that they assume is absolutely true every single time they do this.
7) Atheism thus requires, by default, the denial objective truth.
They often say, "There is no truth".
But if the statement, "there is no truth" is true, then it cannot be true!
For if there is no truth, then nothing anyone ever says or thinks is ever true, including the statement "THERE IS NO TRUTH".
Thus atheists live in cognitive dissonance believing things that are obligatorily self-contradictory.
Worse, as we witness here, they are constantly making statements they believe are objectively true! All while denying objective truth. Amazing.
Relativism is thus the only morality atheists can have. Relativism unfortunately, is self defeating since relativism itself must be relative. Relativism is thus, itself, a position with no meaning.
Therefore, atheists are indeed "imprudent and misguided scholars who reason badly".
And so, "Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning; just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
Atheism is thus deep foolishness and escapism and nothing more.
Curiously enough God still loves atheists, despite their utterly insufferable blindness.